The benefits of learning more about foot reflexology or getting reflexology treatment.
What is Reflexology?
Reflexology incorporates different practices in Chinese Medicine, including but not limited to:
- Theory of Qi
- Theory of Yin and Yang
- Zhang(Yin) and Fu(Yang) Organs
Reflexology is the study of meridians specifically on the hands, feet, and ears. It is believed that Qi flows the meridians and that by applying the right amount of pressure will positively affect organs as well as relieve stress and pain.
Below is a commonly used diagram for the reflexive points on the feet.
What to expect
Where will the session be?
- Huang's Health has 3 different locations that will be determined upon making an appointment.
How should I dress?
- Unlike a Swedish massage, you do not need to undress. You should wear either shorts or loose clothing.
What will be massaged?
- Licensed Massage Therapists are able to provide, in addition to the foot reflexology, partial upper body treatment(head, shoulders, and back.)
- Unlicensed in the field of massage should not be massaging or touching any area other than the foot alone.
How long will the session last?
- One foot reflexology session will usually last 1 hour.
What are the benefits?
- Stress and pain relief
- Maintained health throughout the body